Cheek blush and tinting tips by Sydney skin specialist, Montana.
Cheek tint tattoo, or cheek blush as it is also called, is a new and unique semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo designed to replenish the face, restore colour, reduce dullness and add definition and symmetry to the cheekbones.
Cheek tint tattoo dusts light shades of pigments into the cheeks creating a soft and subtle blush effect. It is not overpowering or too noticeable and is soft, flirty and natural.
Cheek tint has gained popularity in Europe, America and Korea due to its soft and effortless aesthetic.
This technique can contour the face/cheekbones and has the ability to re-shape the face to either appear slimmer and longer or shorter. On the day of the treatment, Montana will discuss with the client their desires.
Cheek tint is great for those sensitive to make-up and those who prefer a hassle-free beauty routine.
The benefits of cheek tint or cheek blush
- Always look fresh and glowing
- Restore colour and reduce dullness
- Correct and contour the face
- Define cheekbones
- Eliminate the need for daily make-up
- Continue to have that ‘Clean Girl’ aesthetic
The cheek tint treatment process
A cheek tint or cheek blush tattoo treatment takes approximately 1.5 hours and requires no numbing as it’s incredibly gentle. If you are a little nervous, numbing cream can be applied.
All our cheek tint appointments include an in-depth consultation with the client, where the desired outcome is discussed and all questions and concerns are answered.
Firstly, the skin will be prepped for a cosmetic tattoo. The client and Montana will then determine where the pigment best suits the cheekbones. We highly recommend coming to the appointment with a favourite blush so that we can colour-match appropriately.
Thin ovals are drawn onto the cheeks where the tattoo will be positioned inside. Keep in mind, the cheek tint tattoo is not stencilled nor shaped oval. It is very whimsical and organic in appearance.
Initially, the cheeks will be brighter than usual and will appear more so like make-up during the healing stage (similar to Lip Blush and Cosmetic Brow Tattoos). Over the next 5-7 days the colour will heal and fade to be very soft and subtle on the cheeks.
A touch-up is recommended as some clients may wish to go brighter.
Am I suitable for a cheek tint tattoo?
Cheek blush / cheek tint treatments are recommended for skin types that are free from acne and do not suffer from skin irritation or rosacea.
Cheek tint pre-treatment preparation
- Please take a break from Vitamin C serums, Retinoids, and Glycolic treatments, at least 2 weeks prior to your session and 2 weeks after for best-healed results.
- Do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning medication 24 hours before the appointment.
- Limit caffeine intake on the day of your tattoo.
- Skin should be healthy, non-irritated, blemish and sunburn free for best results.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after the appointment.
- Please wait 1 year after using Accutane to tattoo.
- Laser Treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the appointment.
Aftercare of your cheek tint / cheek blush treatment
Immediately after the tattoo, the colour is bright and slightly saturated. Within 48 hours the colour will reduce and start to go slightly darker.
On days 2-3 expect to notice dry skin on the area. Some peeling may occur but its very mild.
Days 4-5 the pigment will reduce in colour and you will see a lighter version of the tattoo under the skin.
The healed results will appear at the 2 week mark and the colour would have fully blossomed. After the tattoo has fully healed you can book for the touch-up if required.
- Absolutely no cosmetics on the cheeks for at least 7-10 days.
- You may wash your face daily with a mild facial cleanser.
- When the dry stage begins you can apply a very thin layer of unscented gentle moisturizer.
- No heavy exercising for 3-5 days after the procedure.
- Do not pick or exfoliate during healing process.
- No pools or saunas during the healing process.
- Please take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, at least 2 weeks prior to your session and 2 weeks after for best healed results. Remember when you begin to use these products again that it can break down your tattoo and pre maturely lighten and shorten the lifespan of the tattoo.
Your Sydney cheek tint / blush specialist
Montana focuses on harnessing natural beauty by enhancing her clients’ features, rather than completely changing them. Montana studied cheek tint tattoo locally in Sydney and recently trained with Savannah (Master Artist of Evenflo Colours) from Manhattan NYC.
Montana continues to study nationally and internationally alongside some of the world’s leading and most renowned Artists in PMU. Montana has trained in Sydney, Dubai, Los Angeles, New York & London, as well as having thousands of hours of experience.
To discuss your cheek tint / blush requirements or to book a consultation, contact Montana directly.